Teaching this to my team this weekend. After I figure out if it can be done in full kit.
This might be pretty helpful for someone that not very strong.
This looks like a cool skill to have.
"EcoZoom’s Zoom Versa, model ZV-VMC26, is versatile because it can burn wood, dried biomass or charcoal. You use the top door for wood and biomass and the bottom door for charcoal and to control airflow. Like the Zoom Dura, the Zoom Versa features an abrasion resistant and durable ceramic combustion chamber with a 10 cm in diameter vertical section that forces the gases to mix with the flame, decreasing harmful emissions and adds a refractory metal liner to the inside of the combustion chamber that protects the ceramic insulation, increases the life of your stove, and improves combustion efficiency. This stove features our new hinged combustion chamber doors enabling for an effortless conversion from wood to charcoal fuels. Both the main combustion chamber door and the damper door (bottom door) have reinforced metal frames and have hinges that serve to securely close the doors and regulate airflow. The Zoom Versa also has a durable, reformulated 6-pronged cast iron stovetop that improves heat transfer for all pots including round bottom pots and woks."
Weighs just 1.8 ounces and folds down flat. Made from tempered stainless steel, and uses solid fuel tablets or alcohol.
2 beer cans
1 strip of sandpaper
1 precision knife
1 small wad of fiberglass
3 tsp. rubbing alcohol
1 wire coat hanger
1. Drain the contents of the first can and measure one inch from the base. Use fine sandpaper to remove the paint and any dents, then slice off this piece as cleanly and evenly as possible with your knife.
2. Use the bottom of the unopened can to widen the newly cut base of the first can for fitting purposes. Now empty the contents of the second can (the fun part!), sand down the base, and cut it in the same fashion.
3. Place a small wad of fiberglass into the base to help spread your fuel out evenly. Now work the can bottoms together until they’re even and tight, making sure there are no openings for fuel to escape.
4. Using a sharp pushpin, poke a cross pattern of five openings into the center of the top can (this is where you’ll pour the fuel). For the jet holes, poke 16 evenly spaced openings all along the outer ring.
5. Carefully pour about three teaspoons of fuel (rubbing alcohol, Everclear, denatured alcohol, or Heet) into the center holes of your stove. Clean up any spills or you’ll be sorry when it’s time for ignition.
6. If you don’t have a metal stand, bend a coat hanger into a stable shape that won’t fall over. For optimal cooking, configure it to hold the pot roughly four inches above the burner. You’re ready to grill!
Heat to the Rescue: Sturdy Oil Drum Survival Kit Also Converts Into Stove.
Like the Haitian earthquake of 2010, last year’s Japanese tsunami disaster spurred designers to re-think what an effective, life-saving response might look like.
Focusing on providing a source of heat, water and food housed in rollable oil drum that can be converted into a stove, Eindhoven-based Japanese designer Hikaru Imamura’s “Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery” kit reflects his belief that something as simple as heat and hot water may mean the difference between falling deathly ill or surviving.
did you know that the main reason we have a school lunch program is that in 1946 kids were too underfed to qualify for military service bc i just found that out and am horrified
nobody cares about children’s well being without an ulterior motive
It similar to the who industrial revolution and child labor. Yes, child enslavement was wrong. There were no “teenage” years. It was child then adult. As soon as you would work. And what happened after child labor was deemed immorally wrong? They were sent to school, or out onto the streets. They became a public nuisance. So lets gear them up and give them a community to we can militarize them and use them to fight our wars.
NO. They were our future generation. They were our tomorrow. And we fucked it up.
Please share!!! Especially if you are on the easy coast!!
This is coming out of Houston Texas. Isis members caught. They are here folks.
Be Prepared Not Scared